Farm Structures and Irrigation Department
Agricultural education was started in 1846 in our country. Education and training related with farm structures and irrigation were started in Institute of Water located within the High Agriculture Institute established in Ankara in 1933. Purposes of this institute were to give irrigation courses to students in agricultural and forestry faculties and to carry out researches. This institute has been linked to Ankara University in 1948 and it continued research activities as the name of Kulturteknik professorial chair. Kulturteknik chair was started to training and education in 1970 as a department. In 1991, its name was changed to Farm Structures and Irrigation Department.